Christmas Candylane is not the address of Santa’s new home--but, it is a real place. Each year during the holiday season, Hersheypark, the area’s well-known theme park, miraculously becomes Christmas Candylane, a spectacular holiday experience for kids of all ages.
While Hershey,PA is a popular place to visit, once here, many families make it our community their home. Hershey (aka Chocolate Town, USA) may be best known as the home of Hershey chocolate, but when you mix in an award-winning local school district, and it's easy to see why families love Hershey, PA.
When you're making a visit to Hersheypark's Christmas Candylane this season, here are some attractions you won't want to miss:
Christmas Candylane at Hersheypark
- Where – Hersheypark is located 100 W. Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA.
- When – Select dates from Nov. 11, 2016 through January 1, 2017.
- Dazzling Decorations – If you've ever visited Hersheypark during the summer months, prepare to be blown away by how the park transforms for the holidays. The entire theme park becomes one big decorating extravaganza, with brilliantly colored Christmas lights stretching for as far as the eyes can see. Even the park's mascots who delight kids around the park will have a few special costume tweaks to show off their holiday spirit.
- Transformed Roller Coasters – Thrill-seekers will love experiencing the roller coasters of Hersheypark from a totally new perspective, because the coasters are lit up for the holidays, too! There's nothing quite like taking in some tasteful decorating as you whip around sharp turns, climb up steep hills, and race down through the descent. Santa's sleigh will have nothing on you.
- A Visit from Santa – Speaking of Santa, it wouldn't be Christmas without the big man making an appearance. Santa Claus and his nine live reindeer have been known to hang around Hersheypark during the holidays, and you can even reserve space in a special meet-and-greet where the family can enjoy a meal with the man in red.
- Holiday Lights for Miles – Literally! In addition to all of the lights you'll see as you walk through the park, Hersheypark features a drive-through Christmas light tour that stretches for over two miles. So if you like to stay close to the heat during the holidays, you can experience Christmas Candylane without ever having to leave your car.
- Fun for Every Season – Christmas is a very fun time for families in Hershey, PA, but this is really a great place to live year-round for families with children. Along with Hersheypark, there are minor league sports teams for affordable family outings, tons of outdoor recreation opportunities, and special events for all the biggest holidays.
- Homes in Hershey – Shop for homes for sale in Hershey, PA, and turn a visit to Christmas Candylane into an annual family tradition. You'll find a diverse collection of single-family homes in the city, and Hershey, PA has a convenient, central location that makes it easy to find good work in nearly any industry.